3760 State Coastal Conservancy
15 - COASTAL RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
The Coastal Resource Development Program:
- Preserves coastal agricultural land.
- Assists in the design or redesign of subdivisions and waterfronts to encourage appropriate public/private development and use.
- Protects and provides public access ways to the coastal and bay-shore lands with high scenic, recreational or habitat value.
- Acquires important coastal resource lands for eventual conveyance to public agencies or qualified nonprofit organizations.
- Enhances the capacity and performance of government programs to meet the goals of the California Ocean Protection Act (COPA).
- Improves the understanding of ocean and coastal ecosystems.
- Promotes ocean and coastal awareness and stewardship.